Privacy and Security
At Essential RC, we take your privacy and the security of your information seriously. We are committed to protecting your privacy at all times, in all situations. The information we collect about you when you become a customer is used to process your orders and to provide a more personalised experience on our site – Nothing more.
We utilise 256-bit SSL Encryption whenever you are providing personal information. This is provided by a recognised leader in security services. We also utilise PayPal as our only method for receiving credit card payments. This ensures no financial information is ever recorded or kept on our website.
- How we use the information we collect: When you become an essentialrc.com.au customer, we ask you to fill out a form that requests your name, address and e-mail address. Essential RC will NOT share data with any other organisation. Your name and address information is used solely to process orders. Without your consent, this information will NEVER be sold, given, rented or traded to others for purposes other than order fulfilment. Your information will also be used for security purposes, to ensure you are who you say you are
- Our use of log files: When you visit our site we automatically log your IP address, your browser type and your access times. We utilise this information to conduct site performance evaluations, to see where visitors are coming from and to keep track of click stream data (the screens our users visit on our site). This data helps us to determine what content our customers find most appealing so that we can maximise your enjoyment of the site. Log files are not tied to personally identifiable information.
- Site Security: All Essential RC employees take your personal information very seriously. All employees must learn and obey our security policies. Access to customers’ personal information is limited to key management personnel and our customer service area. The information is ID and password protected and our security is reviewed regularly. Shopping at essentialrc.com.au is Safe and Secure. Our web site has the latest 256-bit data encryption technology to ensure that your credit card and personal information is safe when using our online ordering system. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is a high-security feature built into major browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Google Chrome. This is used whenever credit card information is transmitted. Your Bank uses the same technology for their Internet Banking sites. You can tell when SSL mode is activated when you see a gold lock or key or HTTPS at the beginning of the website address in your web browser's taskbar.
- Correcting/Updating your personal information: After becoming an essentialrc.com.au customer you may correct/update your personal information by clicking on the 'My Account' link at the top of any page, entering your ID, password and birth date when prompted and clicking the Edit Information button. The changes you make will be reflected in our databases immediately. If you wish to deactivate your account, you may contact our customer services group through the 'My Account' section, or the 'Contact Us' section.
- Communication: From time to time we may send out email messages alerting you that products are available or for promotional offers. In addition, you will receive communication from us 1) if you contact us for a particular reason, 2) to receive your orders, or 3) we need to contact you for administrative purposes. Administrative e-mails will not contain promotional materials. If you choose to receive our News Letters, they will contain promotional materials from essentialrc.com.au
- Legal Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
- Supplementation: We may correct or supplement your address information with standardised postal representation in order to ensure that your orders are delivered. We do this since we want to make sure that our customers receive the order and to lower costs associated with our programs.